Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I Just Have to Say.

FUN. If I were to describe in one word how dinnertime went with my girls tonight it would be fun. For some reason at the dinner table tonight we got on the topic of animal noises. Well I got the brilliant idea of playing this game. What you do is everyone chooses an animal noise of their own special choosing. When you hear your name you have to make your noise. We started after dinner and went on until the night... it was the FUNNIEST thing ever. We had a crow, a goat [or sheep??], a cat, a dog, and a weird type of bird.

I seriously did not think this was going to catch on when I started the game right after dinner, but to my amazement the girls went along with it. You know sometimes its hard to get teenagers to do something they think is not 'cool'. However, pretty soon it became this collection of shouting out peoples names, hearing animal noises, and laughter all combined in this great mixture of genuine fun, bonding, and silliness.

Its times like these that I honestly cherish, that keep me going, that push me to do better in my job. I am so thankful for the time spent together in laughter. Sometimes I get very serious about my job and today really helped me to remember the fun that comes along with being with a house full of teenage girls!

I know that my Father has me here for a reason... He doesn't really tell me why, but honestly I really don't need to know. I know He has a purpose and plan for me, especially just for me. I know that this season in my life is going to help in that purpose and all my steps He has laid out. Its like one giant surprise waiting for me and when I open it, its going to be so much greater than I ever imagined. I am so excited!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5,6

Peace to you all dear friends,

Aisha [a-dawg] ^_^

2 comments:

  1. you're awesome! that is the reason you are there...it's good to show the girls fun and how to bond! good job aisha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks girl, I always hope to be doing what God has brought me here to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete