Sunday, July 25, 2010

hmmm...

I am not sure how to begin so let me start like this: my bathroom was flooded this week. I can say it was quite the adventure. I had just finished cleaning my bathroom and I had the hot water running when all of a sudden the handle POPS off and I suddenly have a newly made fountain in the middle of my bathroom. Me like person I am when things happen unexpectedly started running around the house trying to find the water line so I could shut it off [uh-duh you must be saying to yourself] only to remember that the valve is under the sink. So my common sense kicked in and I went back to my bathroom and turned the valve off. I spent the next hour to hour and a half cleaning up the water. I am just really glad I turned it off and did not soak the carpet.

Yesterday the girls house had a beach day. We left at 12:30 pm and spent the whole day there. The girls went into the water, hung out in the sand, and ate. It was a very relaxing day. We grilled our dinner out on the beach and had s'mores. One of my favorite parts of the day was the grilling. We bought this little tiny gas grill and spent a couple of minutes trying to ignite it. For some reason it would not self ignite like the box said it did. Well thankfully a nice lady had a lighter so we were able to get it started. It was the first time I had personally grilled at the beach and I will say it will definitely not be the last. I had a really good time and my co-workers and even some of my girls were teasing me say that I brought too much food. Okay so I brought a lot... I didn't want my kids starving and its never a bad thing to have stuff left over.

Overall this week has been pretty chill and relaxed. Thank the Lord I have two weeks coming up [the first two weeks in August] I am going to be able to visit my family and get some rest before this new school year picks up for the girls. I am excited that I get to start another school year with them and those two week will give me time to reflect and see what God has for the girls house in this next coming school year. If you guys could keep me in your prayers and my girls, I really hope that this year will be filled with may opportunities to show my girls the love that I have for them and the love that God has for them as well.

The theme of trust has been really showing up this past week in my life and I want to share with you a verse that hopefully will encourage you all.
"Blessed is the man
who makes the LORD his trust"
It comes from Psalm 40. The whole Psalm is wonderful and I encourage you to read it. We truly are blessed when we trust God with all of our lives. He is the creator of our being and He knows us inside and out, He knows what we need and will bless us beyond compare. For who if your son asks for bread will give him a stone?? I encourage you guys to remember and hold onto the hope which was given to you through His words spoken to you, for He is faithful to continue the work He started... and He is one awesome builder!!!


Love you guys,

Aisha

No comments:

Post a Comment