Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I am longing for something more. The dreams that I had, the longings that I once held in my hand now seem so small, too small for the Great Maker and Father that I have. I know He can do so much more with my life. That small flame to know more is kindling. He is so much bigger than I can ever imagine, more glorious than I could ever see, more loving than I could ever hold.

Small kindle, burn brighter
brighter still, ever increasing
fill these empty spaces as I
make room.

Oh would You make the room
your Light fills every place
nothing can escape it
you make the dark places known
illuminate with your Truth

Let us welcome Your Light
with arms open wide
eyes clear, hearts humbled
willing all of us to You

continue with Your patience
and loving-kindness
be faithful to us, to me
like only you know how

At the end we will be
ever giving You glory
let it shine on me
only then can I truly live

1 comment: