Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Update, Updates!

Okay wow, so I have much to write about! Where to begin...

Yesterday was my 1 year at work!! I have made it through my first year and I still love it just as much as I did when I first arrived; that has to be a good sign. To celebrate I went out with the house to go get bolba [almond milk tea=yum] all my girls were there and my other coworker that was on shift. It was so great to celebrate with them... I truly love my girls and my co-workers. The house would not be the same without any of them and I am so happy to know that I get to build relationships with these lovely people. All of my girls are funny, silly, quirky, beautiful, smart, and fun! My coworkers are so supportive and they are always there to laugh with me and to build each other up when it is a tough day at work. I could not have asked Abba for a better place to learn, grow and pour what He has given me to make a difference.

I made a friend at church! It was Sunday and I was going to go to the 10:00 am service but ended up going to the 11:30 am service instead. After worship was over I saw a young woman sitting in front of me. I really felt the need to talk to her, so after service I decided to introduce myself. We talked for a bit and then we ate pizza that the church provided after service. We ended up eating pizza together and getting to know one another. It was so great to meet and talk with my new friend. It has been a year and this is the first person that I have met. I am so thankful to Abba for leading me towards this young lady. I am so excited to get to know her and become more a part of the Eastside community.

This past week was very busy getting the girls ready for school. Today was their first day of school! We [staff] made the girls breakfast, our Academic Coordinator gave the girls gift bags with goodies for their new beginnings, and we drove them to school. Okay here comes the funny story: As we were driving the girls to school today my coworker stopped the van near the school. I thought that she was dropping the girls off where were were, so I hopped out in my pajamas and socks [!] and as I turned around towards the van I saw that my co-worker was driving away!!! I guess the girls told her I was out and she stopped the van. Everyone was laughing and I of course was laughing.... I was almost left on the street with my pj's and socks in front of a random person's house!? let me tell you, it was a very interesting start to my day.

Overall I have been very blessed this past week, and this week is unraveling in an interesting fashion. More to come soon... and pictures too!!

1 comment: