Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Enveloped in ....

joy, love, laughter, motivation, and a giving heart. Everyday more and more these girls that I live with are working their way into my heart, creating their own spaces that are especially for them. I am starting to see them for who Abba has created them to be. I am filled with excitement that I get to be a part of that. I get to be one of the people in their life who holds a mirror to their beings and says "look my dear, this is who you are. Do not listen to those other voices, for here is your beauty" Sometimes I get nervous about finding the right thing to say, how to correct, to say something or stay quiet... it can be so overwhelming. However as soon as I remember that all I have to do is hold the mirror and our Father will illuminate their beauty and change their hearts... that's when I know great things will happen. For our Father's words, the small whispers He speaks into their beings, and His love are powerful things leading us into ever-increasing knowing and loving of Him.

We recently added a new addition to our house. She is a youngling, full of energy, smiles, and quickness. She showed me her art work today [really good!] and I got to read a story that she made up. It was so great to see her so enthusiastic about school and dinner. She had a couple servings of dinner which made me feel good [I am our house cook] and I helped her make her lunch. I am so excited to get to know her and serve her in doing basic everyday tasks. Oh and all the other girls have been truly wonderful to her by making her feel welcomed. I am really excited about this next coming school year.... there is lots in store. There has been so much to do here since the start of school and I am so glad for rhythm, schedule and order that comes with school. I know what happens [more or less] throughout the day and I am able to plan accordingly when needing to run errands or do office work.

Besides work, I am getting ready to dive into my church that I am now a member of here in Fullerton. I am excited to start going to a Bible study and a connection group [they are like home fellowships, life groups etc.] I also hope to volunteer in a children's class.

As to social/non-work life... things are good. One of my great friends, Zapphire, will Lord willing be coming down to southern California and I will get to spend much needed face-to-face time with her. My cousin from Texas will also be coming here for a wedding and I get to see her that week. I am so excited! Oh and Lord willing I will be going to the Onething conference in Kansas City this year... I am so excited for that. It is a gathering of young people with the intention of growing closer and deeper in love with Jesus. Lots of great events are happening and I am so glad and thankful to be in this season.

Here's to this season!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeeshi!
    Just wanted to say I found your blog and have been keeping up with you.
    Its amazing to see what Gods doing in your life since graduation and how stoked you sound.

    Miss ya :)
    -David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister, there is a season for everything that happens under the sun!

    -Betsaida :-)

    ReplyDelete